Quijeremá presents hands-on workshops, clinics, and master classes for musicians interested in Latin American Music.
Workshops can be adapted to all levels, from enthusiastic amateurs to advanced high school players and professional performers. Quijeremá offers a warm, welcoming, and encouraging environment for musicians. Players can expand their playing to new areas of music, develop their skills, and learn new approaches to being a musician. Clinics and workshops are a combination of lecture, performance, discussion and jam session. Informational handouts, video presentations and recorded material for participants can be provided.
Typically workshops are presented during the day in conjucntion with a evening muscial performance of Quijeremá. The clinics can be specifically tailored to any event and can include the following topics:
click below for additional information
- Andean Flutes (Sikus, Zamponas, Antares, Tarcas, Kenas)
- Andean Percussion (Bombo Leguero, Wankara, Chachkas)
- Latin American Guitar Styles
- The Venzeulan Bandola
- The Venezuelan Cuatro
- Afro-Venezuelan drumming and song (Cumaco, Campana. Palos, Bumbac, Tambor de Gaita)
- The Peruvian Cajon
- Venezuelan Quitiplas (Bamboo Stamping Tubes)
- Venezuelan Maracas